We were delighted with yet another 'outstanding' Ofsted at Rachel Keeling in March 2018. These are the findings staff were most proud of:
- A warm family ethos encourages staff and children to excel
- Children are happy, confident, independent and curious learners
- Governors are active participants in the life of the school and subsequently know the school well
- The local authority views the school as a centre of excellence
- The wide range of engaging, exciting resources and activities provide rich, varied and imaginative experiences
- The events the school runs supports its strong community ethos
- Children make substantial and sustained progress
- There is a strong culture of safeguarding in the school
- Staff know families extremely well and you are committed to supporting families to ensure the very best outcomes for all children
- The children's well being is at the centre of everything you do... no child goes unnoticed
- The promotion of British values is intertwined into the school's values
- Children are at the centre of learning experiences and their voices are listened to and valued
- Learning Journals illustrate the wide range of exciting learning experiences that the children enjoy and show evidence of children's strong progress
- An inspirational leadership team
- Leaders work alongside families to help them to understand the nursery school's philosophy towards learning through play
- The school has developed the website as a tool to promote its exemplary practice
- The school is fully committed to improving early years practice for all children
- The well being of children is a clear focus for all adults. As a result, children are resilient and independent learners
- The innovate allocation of a unique puppet doll to each class promotes emotional literacy and self-esteem, and supports children's understanding of empathy while also enabling staff to tackle more challenging issues with young children
- Children at Rachel Keeling are extremely well prepared for transition to Reception academically, socially and emotionally
What did families say to the inspector about Rachel Keeling?
- "We are made to feel part of the school family"
- "The nursery provides activities and adventures to engage young minds every day"
- "Experiences provide him with a solid foundation for the remainder of his years"
- "The Saturday Garden brings whole families together, strengthening the community bond"
- "Rachel Keeling is a stable, caring environment in which my child can flourish"
- The school encourages responsibility, independence and personal expression"