"This is an outstanding school.
- This is a school where everyone, adults and children alike, talks about learning. This leads to a deep understanding of what exceptional learning looks like and how to bring it about.
- Teaching is inspirational and exceptionally thorough. Children’s achievements from one day are followed up the next in order to consolidate their learning. This ensures that children are really secure in the skills they demonstrate.
- Leaders support teachers exceptionally well in continually refining their understanding of how young children learn. This leads to exemplary practice.
- The school is forward thinking. Leaders think carefully about how to put theories, from academics and thinkers in the field of young children’s learning, into practice in effective, and often innovative, ways.
- As a result, the school has continued to improve since its last inspection."
Between our last inspection and today the school has enhanced children’s learning through the following:
- Sustained and rapid progress for all children in their Personal, Social & Emotional Development with children increasingly taking ownership of their learning as co-constructors and collaborating;
- The introduction and embedding of Persona Dolls, Helicopter Storying, Shoppers of the Week, Independent Lunch Tables and children taking an increasing role in the routines of the Nursery day;
- The development of our outdoor area including challenging climbing, pond area, outdoor cooking provision and Bike It School status which has resulted in improved outcomes for children in all areas of Physical Development and Communication & Language;
- Enhanced documentation demonstrating challenging learning and children's progress (case studies, films, PowerPoints);
- Deep Learning with staff being able to tune into more able learners and plan challenging experiences;
- Enhanced provision reading and writing across the Nursery through a whole school approach to early reading and writing resulting in many children being able to read simple words and make recognisable marks but the time they leave us;
- The enhancement of our sensory provision, including our sensory herb garden and Sensory Room for families, staff and children;
- The embedding of a forest school approach, including fire building, tree climbing, mud village, flora and fauna awareness;
- Supervision of all staff to ensure they are best placed to carry out their duties and ensure the safeguarding and wellbeing of the children;
- Continued contribution to our Teach East London Teaching School Alliance, including leading Peer Reviews with the Educational Development Trust;
- Greater role in training and supporting settings both within and outside of the Borough;
- Contributing to national journals, books and pedagogical blogs.